She Said: “Keep Your Hands to Yourself!” | Today's Cliche - Marriage, Family, & Working Mommy... from BOTH Women's and Men's Perspectives

Friday, June 23, 2017

She Said: “Keep Your Hands to Yourself!”

October 22, 2009 by Kat

Yeah, yeah, yeah… you’re probably expecting the good ‘ole I can’t stand when my kids fight…A very valid annoyance in my life.

However, my problem is much greater, and much bigger — literally and figuratively.

(Mom & Dad, you should probably stop reading here!!)

My darn husband won’t get his flippin’ hands off of me!! I seriously think he has the hormones of an 18 year old teenage boy. Does anyone else there RUN into the closet to change into big, nasty sweatpants and a pit-stained shirt when you hear the garage door open, just so you can do the dishes without being groped?

I know, I know… the grass is always greener (foreshadow for a future blog). And, I am NOT saying I want the polar opposite. But there’s gotta be a happy medium.  I need my sleep!

Click here to see the GUY’S Version of “Keep Your Hands to Yourself!”

Comments

8 Responses to “She Said: “Keep Your Hands to Yourself!””
  1. Aaron Wright says:

Kat,

You know the happy medium! Give him 5 minutes and he’ll leave you alone the other 23 hours and 55 minutes of the day!!

2. Shy says:

OMG!! What is it as soon as the hubby’s come home: DING DING!! Round 1! REALLY!! Out of all the things that we do as wives, some days the last thing that we REALLY want to do is THAT because it’s ONE more thing that we have to clean up :)

3. The Girl Next Door says:

Hate to use another cliche, but “WAY TOO MUCH INFORMATION”. Probably should keep these kinds of entries on Facebook.

4. Shy says:

Ummm to The Girl Next Door….obviously a blog is more appropriate to write about a slightly sexual topic than on facebook where all of your friends, neighbors, relatives and co-workers will see it…I talk about sex all the time because that is my business….I sell intimancy and novelty products that enhance sexual experiences in the bedroom. I hear stories like the original blog posting all the time, plus more than anyone would be willing to hear…but lucky for me I know how to suggest creative solutions to those problems….give me a call or drop me an email if you need any help…..

5. The Gay Guy Next Door says:

“With all due respect” – Shy. Wouldn’t all of Kat and Dave’s facebook friends (along with a few billion of the rest of world) also have access to their blog? So, I agree with “The Girl Next Door” — maybe the personal stuff should stay on facebook or twitter where you can control who sees it. Now that I know that Kat may not be giving out enough for Dave’s drive, maybe I’ll hook up with him– he is pretty hot now that he is bald. Actually, I don’t give a rat’s A$$ about their personal sex lives — it actually sends shivers down my spine just thinking about it. I need help Shy, could you post your phone number here so I can call you?

6. Purple says:

1) It’s their blog. If you thought this was too much TMI, I’m pretty sure the title was clear on what the post was about, you didn’t need to click. 2) I wish my husband did that. He is only slowly learning that he can and should touch me in a casual romantic way. I’m the one in the relationship looking for attention more than once a month, and trust me it’s not a fun place to be. I start to wonder if he finds me attractive at all and it is frustrating as hell always being the “aggressive” party.

Cut your husband some slack. Even if you don’t want quite so much attention, try to appreciate that he’s doing it because he cares about you and finds you attractive. If it’s really driving you up the wall maybe sit down and try to make some compromises instead of telling us about in expansive terms and putting him off with vague “some other time”‘s.

7. Tara says:

was the girl next door and the gay guy next door serious??? purple… well said… gay guy.. you speak (type) in a very condescending manner. it’s not becoming.

8. I cannot wait to see more of this wonderful topic. So much of the usb ports Ive never even contemplated. You sure did put an alternative twist on something that Ive heard such a lot of about. I dont believe Ive actually read whatever does this subject nearly as good justice as you simply just did.