Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes
From Dorothy Hoban, by way of Libby Hoban (Kat’s “Aunts”)
Comments: “to die for”
- 9 large baking potatoes, peeled & cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup softened butter 12 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1/4 tspn. white pepper
- 1/2tspn. salt
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer over medium heat until potatoes are tender.
- Drain and place in a mixing bowl; beat with mixer until light and fluffy.
- Beat in butter and cream cheese (cut into small pieces.)
- Beat in sour cream and seasonings.
- Scrape into heavily buttered casserole and refrigerate, covered with plastic wrap.
- To cook, bring to room temperature and reheat at 300 degrees, uncovered, for about 20 minutes.
- Makes 8 servings