Roasted Asparagus With Prosciutto
Recommended by The Nan from the South Florida Sun-Sentinal.
Note #1, from Dave: Anything recommended by the Nan is borderline mandatory for your next get-together.
Note #2: This is very easy to make and can be prepared ahead of time to cook briefly just before serving. There’s little last-minute fuss. If the asparagus spears are thick or thin you may want to use more or less.
- 6 thin slices prosciutto
- 30 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Fresh-ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat broiler on low setting.
- Lay the slices of prosciutto on a work surface.
- Top each with 6 asparagus all facing in the same direction.
- Wrap the prosciutto tightly around the asparagus to form bundles.
- Place on a baking pan with sides.
- Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with pepper.
- Place under broiler about 5 minutes until prosciutto is crisp and asparagus are just tender.
- Time varies depending on thickness of asparagus, so watch them carefully.
- Makes 6 servings.