“Are You Kidding Me?” | Today's Cliche - Marriage, Family, & Working Mommy... from BOTH Women's and Men's Perspectives

Monday, July 28, 2014

“Are You Kidding Me?”

January 14, 2010 by Dave

[This is in response to the SHE SAID post]

Yeah, here’s one of those times where I get called out in public, and pretty much have no response that will get me out of the doghouse.  But to my defense:

• I didn’t see her laying there!  I would have NEVER said that if I knew she was in earshot (I know…not getting any points here)
  • It wasn’t just the dishes – it was also the 4 little legs I saw hanging off the carpet onto the hardwoods.
  • I knew I had to carry the not-so-little rugrats upstairs after a night out with customers (again, no points).
  • If she “could have called it” before it even happened, why didn’t she avoid it altogether and just put the darn dishes away?!?!  (Allright, I lose).

OK, here’s my first public apology, and probably won’t be my last.  Kat, I’m sorry that I reacted the way I did.  It was uncalled for.  And I’m even more sorry that it spilled over to this morning.  Hopefully we can get past this before you head out for your girls’ weekend tomorrow.

And, hopefully I can have the house as clean as she did when she returns from her trip…all except for the dishes ;-)

CLICK HERE to see SHE SAID version of “Are You Kidding Me?”

Comments

13 Responses to ““Are You Kidding Me?””

WHAT??? A man who admits he’s wrong? I’m impressed.

Wait a sec- I just saw a link to a post about what to do with kids in Raleigh, but now I can’t find it. Could you please send me a link? We’re not that far away!

Hey, Shell! Here’s the link — thanks for your comments. You’re the bomb!!

3. A public apology? Nice.

Here’s to shorter work days and no more “Was that my outloud voice?” regrets!

4. cristina says:

Oh snap! Officially my most favorite thing a man has ever said!

This was awesome! Truly. And now you’re one of my bestie bloggy married couples in this town and all of the surrounding towns!

Xx
    Cristina

P.S. Its so going to girls weekend. Its too juicy to not go.

5. Ally says:

Awww – an apology? Sweet.

6. this is one of the sweetest post I’ve ever read! it took guts to eat the humble pie. you win the gold medal in the husband Olympics!
    I think Kat should let you out of the doghouse

7. Lydia says:

Tried not to laugh. Not at you two, but me and hubby. 33 years later we still have the same thing. We just put more humor in it now. And joke about who made the mess.

8. Swank says:

Dude, very thoughtful to offer the public apology! Now give back your Man Card. That is a blatant disregard for rule #3! If you commit no further infractions you will get the card back in 2 weeks.

9. Unknown Mami says:

Awwww, that was a very nice apology. Next time just say “Are you kidding me?” in your head or in French so it sounds nicer.

10. Kevin says:

Public apology?!?!??!?!? Grow a pair F’ingham. She is going away on a girls weekend…how many people get to do that? She should be THANKING you, not looking for an apology!

11. Nice apology–I really like the doghouse picture to go with it. Too bad she was in earshot and not sleeping sound but then you wouldn’t have gotten such a great post out of it.

Congrats on your SITS day!

12. Becky says:

Well you certainly get points from me for writing this apology. But also, who’s to say that the reverse wouldn’t have happened if it was the other way around. :)