My "Skewed" View of Romance | Today's Cliche - Marriage, Family, & Working Mommy... from BOTH Women's and Men's Perspectives

Saturday, October 21, 2017

My “Skewed” View of Romance

February 11, 2010 by Kat

Thanks to: Suppah, Princess, the Chief, JennFAb, and Mommy is in the Bathroom, my Assignment is my view/skew on romance. Hempf.

This one is a hard one for me, as I fear that I will sound like I’m bragging; well, I’m not. My husband actually gives me all of the attention I could possibly need (for those who have know me — this is QUITE THE FEAT).  I never thought I’d be able to say that about my husband. I am one lucky girl.

Four kids later, 8 1/2 years into marriage, my version of romance, specifically, has been skewed a bit. But, that’s okay… because it’s our new normal. What I now consider to be romantic isn’t all you read in the novels. I know hubs loves me to pieces, and vice versa. Romance to me is (and HE will score major bedroom points for):

• Letting me download my pics without being interrupted (by him or the kids)
  • Let me edit pics and not askHow much longer are you going to take? The kids and I really would like to spend time with you.”
  • Let me work on The Corporate Housing Network, and play around on Today’s Cliche, while hopping around others’ blogs, without him saying: “How much longer are you going to take? The kids and I really would like to spend time with you.”
  • On a Saturday morning or Sunday afternoon, “Kat, I’ll hold down the fort here, why don’t you just go to a coffee shop (Sat. morning), or grab a cocktail (Sunday afternoon) with your laptop, and get all of the things you couldn’t get done during the week accomplished. I’m sure you didn’t get a chance to pay all of our bills online yet, or go through the 287 emails from the kids’ elementary school and preschool and pop all of the upcoming commitments, projects, and due items into the calendar yet. Go ahead… We’ll miss you while you’re gone, but I know you need this for your sanity and ours; I know your need to cross items off your list.”
  • He’d then continue with: “You know what? Why you’re there, why don’t you stay for a few more hours once you’ve knocked that out, and work on TCHNetwork.com and if time permits, work on Today’s Cliche. Heck, I’ll just put the kids to bed for you — why don’t you stay until about 10 pm, and start organizing all of the pics you’ve been meaning to do for 7 years? That would be great, not only for you, but for our family.
  • Then Hubs would choke out the words: “Thank you for capturing their lives THAT WE MISSED B/C WE WERE SO BUSY MAKING, NURSING/FEEDING, AND DIAPERING BABIES THAT I CAN’T REMEMBER A DAMN THING ABOUT THEIR INFANCY OR TODDLERHOOD!”

• Following, he’d say, “And when you get home, just hop on the couch with me, I’ll get out the foot lotion and massage your feet for an hour. Then, I’ll tickle your back and expect nothing in return.
    • He’d end with: “You know, thinking further, in the morning honey, why don’t you sneak away again and pop around your favorite sites? I know you don’t have any time for that… and that would not only be enjoyable for you, but would help out Today’s Cliche tremendously.”

And, he’d score MAJOR, MAJOR POINTS if 50% of the above really played out. Our new normal.

Comments

20 Responses to “My “Skewed” View of Romance”
  1. Him bringing me coffee and spending time with the kids is a good way for my hubs to win romance points.

2. supah says:

New Normal… love that ! nothing better than a foot rub.
    THanks for joining up !

xoxxoxo
    supah

3. I’m so glad you joined our panel today! Isn’t it funny how romance is different when we get older…

Oh, and I’m a photography nut too. My prince will walk in the room and see me on the computer assuming I’m on facebook, but a lot of the time I’m on PHOTOSHOP!!!!

4. Kathryn says:

ooh, foot massage! that sounds woooooooooonderful! and cocktails on sunday afternoon? yes, please!

5. Crystal says:

haha, that is so funny, and I KNEW it wasn’t TRUE. I don’t think a single guy out there would ACTUALLY do those things. Maybe one or two :) Wouldn’t that be so nice though?

6. Love it! Don’t I wish half of your list would happen to me as well…currently listening to the hubby asking me what am I doing? Uh? Blogging, duh.

Foot massage would be a nice norm too but I guess I have to be pregnant and on bedrest for that to happen again.

How did I miss this post??? Oh wouldn’t that be sublime? Espscially love the back tickling with no expectations one. Great post (as usual!)

8. Broot says:

I am so tempted to write something similar for my hubby!! (8 years and 2 kids later…)

9. Jasmine says:

Now I know that is the real version of being romantic as a mother. There are some good husbands out there and I can’t wait to marry my soon to be. Stoping over from SISTA. Love the blog by the way!

10. Heather says:

I’m not married and don’t have kids, but the boyfriend would score some major points for those! Oh…and walking the dog for me would be great too.

Happy SITS day!

11. Marie Cole says:

No kids so that is pretty much my life; a very attentive hubby and I can still get my job done. ;)

12. here from SITS. This is great. Thank you for this trip down fantasy lane.

13. Becky says:

That’s hilarious!!! If you ever find another guy like that and he’s single please let me know asap!!! :)

14. zeemaid says:

*lol* For me it’s a half hour alone with my tea and a book.. who am I kidding two hours.. the whole day… yeah that’d be bliss. ;)

15. Young Wife says:

Tee hee! Stopping by from SITS.

16. Jinnia says:

Love your sense of humor! You have a knack for expressing what many of us moms are thinking…LOL.

That is sooo the goal – to help others to relate! Sooo glad I can do that for you, Jinnia! Off to read your blog now!

17. Michelle says:

I’m right there with you. My hubby does a great job of sharing the load. We have three little boys I’m a creative mess…sometimes it’s sewing, or blogging or just cleaning up after all the chaos. MOST of the time, not all of the time, my man will give me room to breath. And yes, that it’s enough to send me over the moon!

18. Eve says:

Oh, I DO like your version of romance! ;)

19. gjlloarh says:

ZWFkcyB0byBncmVhdCBwZXJmb3JtYW5jZS4gV2UgYXJlIHZlcnkgaGFwcHkgdG8gYmUgYWJsZSB0 [url=http://michaelkors.stores.black/]michael kors outlet[/url] Sauk Prairie/Mukwonago winner vs. Kaukauna/Lake Geneva Badger winner j [url=http://michaelkors.stores.black/]michael kors outlet online[/url]
    “It’s always a special treat when Jason gets to perform with us,” Wolfe says. “This show has been one of my greatest joys. Anything I do, there’s someone coming to see the current show I’m in saying, ‘I love you in “The Last Five Years.”‘ To know that it resonates with people is great. To still get to do the show is such a joy, and it’s rare for an artist to get an opportunity like that.” [url=http://coach.onlinestore.us.com/]coach outlet[/url] Guests enjoyed perusing the new exhibit, an interactive exploration of man and the sea that examines the past, present and future of nautical exploration. Dean Weldon, President of Academy Studios, who created the exhibit, was on hand for questions, as was Andrea Favilli of Favilli+Sfingi, who was responsible for the design of the museum’s expansion, beautifully presented in the architectural renderings in the remodeled gallery space. Reed later acknowledged the crew that remodeled the gallery space and the entrance to the Steele Model Pavilion at no cost to the museum 鈥?Ray Lewis of R.W. Lewis Construction, Todd Johnson of Direct Interiors, Telford Cottam of Tight Quarters, and Lee Otis Plumbing.
    “She explores everything. I really kept thinking as I was working with her as an explorer. She’s always looking for other things to bring to the part,” Marshall said in admiration. ” She tries every angle, and is always looking in the corners of the character, trying to figure out what’s going to bring it to life. She’s trying things constantly and is fearless. It’s really about the work and her love of it. She was really inspiring to be around.” [url=http://michaelkors.stores.blue/]michaelkors.stores.blue[/url] According to Pinellas Park police, Katherine Langston, 30, of Dade City was driving a 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood westbound on Park Boulevard in the median lane just before the initial crash. She told police that as she was approaching Belcher Road, she noticed that the light was red and began to attempt to brake; however, her brakes didn聮t work. g [url=http://coach.onlinestore.us.com/]coach outlet online[/url]
    Foster has now punted 146 times in his career, good for a 42.2-yard average. [url=http://toryburch.stores.black/]tory burch outlet[/url] For the seventh straight year, Marin led Bay Area counties in the number of complaints — 865 — filed during the Bay Area Air Quality Management District’s winter “Spare the Air” days when burning in fireplaces is prohibited. Contra Costa was a distant second with 576.
    s dHMgQmVhbiBCb290IGFuZCBmcmVlIHNoaXBwaW5nLCB3aWxsIGxvY2F0ZSBpbiB0aGUgc3BhY2Ug [url=http://coach.stores.black/]coach outlet store online[/url] 聽What鈥檚 your best April Fool鈥檚 joke? [url=http://coach.stores.blue/]coach outlet online[/url]
    Dreamcakes Bakery [url=http://coach.onlinestore.us.com/]coach outlet store online[/url] allow Orange County Register Communications, Inc. the right to http://michaelkors.stores.blue
    Last Tuesday saw the bar packed with customers, new and old. Described by one regular of De Prague as resembling a Saturday night, the anniversary drew in a crowd that the bar is known for 鈥?20-30 year olds from all walks of life, Lebanese and foreigners. There were a few special touches 鈥?canapes, photographers and a video played to celebrate the bar. [url=http://coach.onlinestore.us.com/]coach outlet store online[/url] Over the disparities in the weight of voters, which was 2.30-fold in the 2009 Lower House election and 2.43-fold in the 2012 Lower House election, the Supreme Court had ruled they were in a state of unconstitutionality, calling for a review of seat distribution. v [url=http://michaelkors.stores.blue/]michael kors[/url]
    A survey of grocery shoppers found that many are conscious of the ingredients that go into the food they choose and how that food is prepared. Twenty-eight percent of those surveyed by the Hartman Group said they want food and beverages that are minimally processed, 26 percent look for ingredients they recognize, and 25 percent seek foods with the shortest list of ingredients. What鈥檚 more, they鈥檙e willing to purchase specialty items; nearly 75 percent of consumers say they made a specialty food purchase last year, according to Mintel Group Ltd., a market research firm. [url=http://oakley.stores.blue/]oakley outlet[/url] One trick Newell recommends is to collect business cards of all the key people you meet that day and categorize them within your padfolio. With so much on your mind, it is easy to forget something during an interview. There might be a bright idea you wanted to bring up or a key selling point you cannot afford to skip. The temptation here is to rely on your notes after all, notes are OK if you are giving a speech, right? …
    White was not alone with his previous price target of $160, however. , and outlined a scenario that she believes would move Apple stock to as high as $190, though . [url=http://michaelkors.stores.blue/]michael kors bags[/url] A residential lease that is effective for a period that includes election day.
    Generic drugs now account for well over 80% of all prescriptions. Just 10 years ago, less than half of drugs sold were generics. Much of the growth is because employers make generics extra-affordable through mail order programs (pharmacy benefits managers). Then you also have the grocery stores and big box retailers who do $4 generics. Meanwhile, a lot of breakthrough drugs that were patent protected are no longer so and are now selling as generics.But are there ever instances where taking a generic is not a good idea? [url=http://michaelkors.stores.blue/]michael kors bags[/url] But because the report deals with personnel issues, only Capt. Dan Hughes, the acting police chief, has been privy to its findings. Thomas died from his injuries five days after the confrontation.
    Topics [url=http://michaelkors.stores.black/]michaelkors.stores.black[/url] My Table Gallery: Hands-on workshops in painting techniques for furniture and home d cor. 5435 S. 108th St., Hales Corners. (262) 682-0101.
    k * Comments unrelated to the story. [url=http://coach.onlinestore.us.com/]coach outlet store online[/url] You can find festival items around town at Dave Cook’s pro shop, 150 E. Avenida Magdalena; , 535 N. El Camino Real; , 990 Avenida Talega; , 400 S. El Camino Real; , 100 S. El Camino Real; , 2708 Via Cascadita; and The Warehouse, 216 Calle de los Molinos.
    03/19/2015 12:54:37 PM PDTUpdated: [url=http://michaelkors.stores.blue/]michael kors outlet online[/url] Easter Monday, sometimes called Whipping Monday, is when the real fun and celebration takes place. Boys and men approach girls and women singing Easter carols and either whipping them with poml谩zkas or dousing them in icy water. In doing so, people historically believed that women would be ensured with another year of health, youth and beauty. Women in return would tie a ribbon around the poml谩zka and present the men with a beautifully embellished kraslice, candy, a shot of plum brandy, or money. e [url=http://michaelkors.stores.blue/]michael kors outlet online[/url]
    In the first half, Ashley led UA with 12 points but McConnell had four turnovers to four assists. [url=http://toryburch.stores.black/]tory burch outlet[/url] Join The Conversation
    y “The destruction was apparently carried out the day before yesterday (Friday),” it added. [url=http://oakley.stores.blue/]oakley sunglasses[/url] Second team t
    Spring [url=http://coach.stores.black/]coach handbags[/url] The first round of exploration has been an historical step for Cyprus and it has applied for second round of exploration in EEZ. Cyprus always stressed that North Cyprus will also be benefitted with this exploration. [url=http://coach.onlinestore.us.com/]coach outlet online[/url]
    Cleveland Indians starting pitcher Gavin Floyd has re-injured his right elbow, the same one that’s ended his last two seasons, according to the team. [url=http://michaelkors.stores.black/]michael kors bags[/url] Aron Baynes had an uncontested dunk in the third quarter after Manu Ginobili gave up a 3-point attempt to fire a no-look touch pass into the lane. m [url=http://michaelkors.stores.black/]michael kors outlet[/url]
    With an antibiotic-resistant “superbug” outbreak connected to its facility, Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center stopped short of pointing a finger at the manufacturer of a medical instrument believed to have spread the deadly germs. The maker of the product was careful not to blame the hospital as it issued new cleaning instructions emphasizing meticulous manual sterilization.Things may not be so polite once lawyers get involved.Lawsuits are expected to follow the outbreak tied to two deaths and several infections, with the hospital and manufacturer pointing fingers at each other.”That’s exactly the kind of skirmishing you’re going to see,” said John Culhane, co-director of the Family Health Law Policy Institute at the Widener University School of Law in Delaware. “The bottom line is that the two defendants will be hauled into court, and they’ll be trying to do two things: One, they didn’t do anything wrong; the second thing is to pin the blame on the other defendant.”Two people have died at UCLA, and five others have been infected with the bacteria known as carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae, or CRE, after undergoing similar endoscopic procedures to diagnose and treat pancreatic and bile-duct problems between October and January, hospital officials said. More than 170 other patients also may have been exposed.The family of an 18-year-old student in grave condition from the bacteria is considering suing the endoscope’s manufacturer, Olympus Corporation of the Americas, an arm of Japan’s Olympus Corp, attorney Kevin Boyle said.That hard-to-clean medical instrument used on more than half a million people in the U.S. every year has become the focus of the investigation into the outbreak.Olympus emphasized in a statement Thursday that meticulous manual sterilization is needed. The company said it was issuing new instructions and working with federal officials.The U.S. Food and Drug Administration warned doctors Thursday that the device’s complex design and tiny parts make complete disinfection extremely difficult. Even when cleaning instructions are followed, germs may linger, the FDA said. Between January 2013 and December 2014, the FDA received 75 reports involving 135 patients in the U.S. who may have been infected by tainted scopes.The blame game has played out across the country where some patients are believed to have died from infections and hundreds of others have been shocked when notified they could have been infected with bacteria or a harmful disease from a medical instrument that was intended to help them.In some cases, patients who weren’t infected have sued for having to go through the unnerving process of being screened over months for diseases such as HIV and hepatitis they may have been exposed to.Pittsburgh medical malpractice lawyer Brendan Lupetin currently represents more than 200 patients in a class-action suit against a Pennsylvania clinic that he said didn’t properly clean its endoscopes. He envisions lots of lawsuits coming from the UCLA outbreak, with lawyers targeting both the hospital and Olympus and possibly third parties who may have been responsible for maintaining equipment used for cleaning and sterilization.Page 2 of 2 – “It looks like someone dropped the ball,” Lupetin said. “Whether it’s the manufacturer or UCLA, you can almost guarantee there will be a number of lawsuits.”However, Lawrence Muscarella, a health care and sterilization expert, said he doesn’t know of any lawsuits tied to outbreaks he’s closely followed at four other U.S. hospitals.Few lawyers have taken on the hospitals because it can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars to prepare a case, and there’s no guarantee of success when it’s hard to prove what caused an infection, he said. Doctors rarely list the infection as the cause of death, and some hospitals have said patients entered their facility with the antibiotic-resistant bacteria, a notion he dismisses.”Proving causation is impossible,” he said. “You can’t prove you didn’t have that organism when you came into the hospital.”Culhane, the law professor, said that if cases do proceed to court, defendants probably won’t blame the victim for their role, as often happens in negligence cases. In these cases, the patient was probably unconscious. [url=http://coach.onlinestore.us.com/]coach outlet[/url] The ad, created by the Ireland/Davenport agency, shows a blond woman reclining on her side and wearing The Dress. Her legs and face are spotted with dark bruises.
    representing six Angel Groups attended looking for the right investment opportunities. Among the investors was Kevin Harrington, Chairman and Founder of As Seen On TV, Inc. [url=http://oakley.stores.blue/]oakley sunglasses[/url] It also served an excellent hamburger. The breakfast burger, one of two on the menu, is a thick half-pounder on a shiny brioche bun, topped with a sunnyside-up egg, bacon, cheddar and the restaurant’s own potato tots. With it come fries and a nicely spiced, crisp pickle spear that’s made in house. And at $9.75, the burger’s an absolute bargain. The menu altogether is quite moderately priced. v [url=http://oakley.stores.blue/]oakley sunglasses[/url]
    If she can continue to climb through the ranks and amass personal power, Sewell will (hopefully) be in a position to better position opportunities for Alabama. Senator Richard Shelby won’t be remembered for any legislation either, but he’s brought in enough pork to run every Saw’s and Dreamland in the state. [url=http://toryburch.stores.black/]tory burch shoes outlet[/url] To wit: