He Said: “The Old Ball & Chain”
10 years ago today was both our first Date AND the first time I met Kat in person. And they say that blind dates never work! Here we are, 4 kids and 15 lbs later (my 20 gained and the 5 that she’s lost), wondering what in the world happened, and how did it happen so quickly?!?! I think the excerpts below pretty well sum it up from my end. Here goes…
- A guy barges into his house, slams open the front door and says, “Honey, pack your bags…I just hit the lotto!” His wife jumps up, delightedly, and says “Wow…should I pack for the beach or the mountains?” He responds “I don’t care where you go, just get the hell out!!”
- Marriage is the process of finding out the kind of guy your wife would have preferred!
- Marriage is a playful form of combat where, in the end, you get to sleep with the enemy.
- I got a gun for my wife. What a trade…
- Marriage is an investment that pays big dividends if you manage to keep up the interest.
- Marriage is a term commonly mistaken for mirage…
- A man inserted an ‘ad’ in the classifieds: ‘Wife wanted’ . Next day he received a hundred letters. They all said the same thing: ‘You can have mine.’
And my favorite….
I haven’t talked to my wife in 18 months. I didn’t want to interrupt her.
CLICK HERE FOR the GIRLS’ version of “The Old Ball & Chain”