Friday Fragments: Stop Light, Leaky Nose, Bribery | Today's Cliche - Marriage, Family, & Working Mommy... from BOTH Women's and Men's Perspectives

Saturday, August 19, 2017

Friday Fragments: Stop Light, Leaky Nose, Bribery

February 26, 2010 by Kat

Friday Fragments are bits and pieces of my week that are usually brief;
too short for a stand-alone post, but too good to discard
Mommy's Idea

Comments

10 Responses to “Friday Fragments: Stop Light, Leaky Nose, Bribery”
  1. Love your blog look!

I’m stopping by from FF. Have a wonderful weekend :)

2. Laura says:

YES! I’m so glad I’m not alone on the nose-blowing issue!! Finally, someone else had the guts to speak up.

Yes, I did always used to wipe on my sleeve!

Since I moved overseas and wear mostly tank tops now, that’s no longer an option. I’m now a blower, and I’m so happy I made the switch. Nobody at the office seems to care! Everybody blows. Haha.

Oh man, I too have been told that I can’t “whisper.” And you’re not alone…you’re REAL! We all bribe (I mean, incentivize) our children so we can get things accomplished. =)

4. Emmy says:

How about blowing your nose or going to the bathroom! How horribly embarrassing was it in junior high and high school to actually have to use the bathroom, other than to check your makeup or hair of course. And I mean tho think what if you were to fart while doing it! Enough fear there to ensure a really full bladder and constipation until I made it home.

Hey BFF…I gave you an award..come check it out! =)

6. yes, looks like we were destined to be bloggy friends. I have pumped while driving!

You have a new follower and when it isn’t Saturday morning and I can ignore my family with less guilt I am going to spend some time poking around this HUGE site!

7. Mrs4444 says:

As a middle school teacher,I have to vent that this week, I heard far more snot snorting than I felt comfortable hearing. I know they hate blowing, but snorting snot is less embarrassing? Yuck.

I have to share a snot funny from this week, though. A student on the autism spectrum came back to school too early after being sick; the snot was flowing like crazy, and she was wiping her nose all over her hands and sleeves. The funny part was that at one point, while she was doing that, she was parroting, “I’m a GENIUS!” over and over. I told her, “Julie, geniuses wipe their noses with tissue, not their sleeves. Go get a tissue, please.” (She did.)

Thanks for joining in this week!!!

8. debbie says:

I DO remember that about blowing my nose but had forgotten it until you mentioned it. Why were we like that?

9. Carolee says:

Schnortin the schnot- yum-yum..what IS UP with these kids?

I love the breast pumping story- probably made a lot of trucker’s day!

Teachers know most kids are bribed…………….

10. Too funny!!! The worst part was sneezing and exploding all that snot into your hand. As you’re walking to the FRONT of the classroom with your hand covering your messy snot-drenched mouth for a tissue you’re wondering why you didn’t get up and blow it in the first place. lol!