Finally, my "Actual" Interview on Oprah Radio! | Today's Cliche - Marriage, Family, & Working Mommy... from BOTH Women's and Men's Perspectives

Saturday, August 19, 2017

Finally, my “Actual” Interview on Oprah Radio!

March 2, 2010 by Kat

If you asked me a few years ago, I’d tell you I would never get picked for anything. Never. I’ve never won a raffle, I was never the first to win Bingo in Girl Scouts

Well, I got picked to speak on air, and not just on any talk radio show… but on Oprah Radio… with Oprah’s BFF, Gayle King. I was in my glory.

Read more about what led up to it, here.Never say never.

DISCLOSURE: My nerves got the best of me; I don’t really mean to blurt out that I think I have one of the best marriages in my family (ducking now)!  The producer beforehand mentioned comparing myself to other couples I know. I didn’t want to compare myself to couples in my neighborhood; would have gotten my house egged! Family is so forgiving, right? Again, I didn’t mean it!

RE: My sister ~ Thankfully I already asked for her forgiveness in person.
RE: My brothers
~ The next time one of you are on Howard Stern, I allow you to compare your sex life to mine! Tee hee.

Comments

13 Responses to “Finally, my “Actual” Interview on Oprah Radio!”
  1. Melissa says:

LOVED IT!!! You were so funny, well spoken and articulate, I wouldn’t have been able to get out 1/4 of what you were able to squeeze into that 6 minutes! And you made Gayle laugh:) I don’t think the best marriage in my family is a bad comment, that’s your opinion, doesn’t everyone think or hope that their marriage is the best???!!!! (I do too!) Just you being positive and supportive about your own marriage, I didn’t take it as a put down to your family at all, so I doubt they would either. You were great!!! Oprah Radio, check, Today Show…Kat’s on her way:)

2. great interview! great story…you two were online dating pioneers!

3. Kat says:

Scan – you’re the bomb. I feel better already! Hoping my sibs agree with you. You’re too freakin’ funny, too. “Oprah Radio, check. Todays Show…”. xoxoxo

4. You are famous! And CCWA Featured member to boot!!

5. Heather says:

Coming by from C.C.W.A! What a great interview.

6. Daffy says:

Popping by after reading your post on CCWA! What a stitch! You were fabulous bot there and on the radio! How cool is that?

7. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

I met my husband an an internet dating site and had a short time before we got engaged, too!

Gayle is worried someone would recognize her if she put her photo online … duh! LMAO

8. Tara says:

I loved every minute of the interview… i think you did a really good job. why did it just end like that tho? she was still talking and you didn’t say goodbye. i hope this post works but i’m pretty sure i’m doing something wrong so i won’t write more til i know it does work!!! good job!! xoxo

9. Tara says:

OMG!!!! it worked!!!

10. Missy says:

Loved it! You sound fanastic and charming (and I remember the said wedding convo!!); Gail needs to lighten up!

11. Tanisha says:

How cool is that! I think that’s a great story. And I have a similar story about the guy that I’ve been dating for nearly 2 years. It’s going great and I don’t think about the negative stigma attached to it, as much as I used to. Congrats again on your SITS day! How awesome to be on the Oprah network…You go, Sitsta!

12. Marie Cole says:

You did a great job and your voice doesn’t sound funny to others I promise.

13. C.C says:

I had to relisten to this and I loved it the second time around. I didn’t realize you had been married as long as I have. Congratulations(for your marriage and for your SITS day).