Kids Say (write!) the Darndest Things
In some ways I feel like a stellar parent:
- Daughter writes poetry; she’s only 1st grade
- Daughter writes poetry on whatever surface she can find
In some ways I feel like a ridiculously immature parent; one whose daughter knows where her mom’s favorite wine store is…. (ironically, I’ve written about this wine store not once, not twice, but three times on Today’s Cliche)!!
These are reactions I did not have:
- I did not laugh my ass off when I read this
- I did not think there was anything wrong with a 1st graders poem that talks about wine
- I did not take pictures of this balloon from every angle in an effort to self-promote myself, and my embarrassing mothering traits
- I did not wonder what led daughter to make sure to highlight the Wine 101 part in a different color marker (?)
- I did not pray before I pressed “publish” that none of you would think that I WAS ACTUALLY FAT CHARLY — especially those who don’t actually know me
Super fat and very small married to a guy named Fat Charles
Drinks wine with crab in it (OMG – just realized THIS MUST BE from a RECIPE I MADE a few months ago (see pic here)!! What does that say about her perception of what I make? It really was NOT wine with crab in it… it was a non-alcoholic appetizer).
She also spits ?!?!? I hope she ain’t talking about me!!
HER FAVORITE WINE SHOP IS WINE 101 ?!?!?!!! For those of you in Raleigh/Wake Forest… are you also LM(your)AO?