Kids Say (write!) the Darndest Things | Today's Cliche - Marriage, Family, & Working Mommy... from BOTH Women's and Men's Perspectives

Friday, April 28, 2017

Kids Say (write!) the Darndest Things

March 8, 2010 by Kat

In some ways I feel like a stellar parent:

• Daughter writes poetry; she’s only 1st grade
  • Daughter writes poetry on whatever surface she can find

In some ways I feel like a ridiculously immature parent; one whose daughter knows where her mom’s favorite wine store is….  (ironically, I’ve written about this wine store not once, not twice, but three times on Today’s Cliche)!!

These are reactions I did not have:

• I did not laugh my ass off when I read this
  • I did not think there was anything wrong with a 1st graders poem that talks about wine
  • I did not take pictures of this balloon from every angle in an effort to self-promote myself, and my embarrassing mothering traits
  • I did not wonder what led daughter to make sure to highlight the Wine 101 part in a different color marker (?)
  • I did not pray before I pressed “publish” that none of you would think that I WAS ACTUALLY FAT CHARLY — especially those who don’t actually know me

Super fat and very small married to a guy named Fat Charles

Drinks wine with crab in it (OMG – just realized THIS MUST BE from a RECIPE I MADE a few months ago (see pic here)!! What does that say about her perception of what I make? It really was NOT wine with crab in it… it was a non-alcoholic appetizer).

She also spits ?!?!? I hope she ain’t talking about me!!

HER FAVORITE WINE SHOP IS WINE 101 ?!?!?!!! For those of you in Raleigh/Wake Forest… are you also LM(your)AO?

AGAIN, embarrassing!!

Comments

16 Responses to “Kids Say (write!) the Darndest Things”

It’s funny the things our kids pick up on, isn’t it? Not all of it flattering, I’m afraid…

2. LMAO and I don’t even live in Raleigh!! That translates here in my hood! You’re raisin’ her right, sista! Don’t change a thing! Sounds like she already has her priorities straight! Creativity…then wine…and total honesty! (maybe work on her perceptions of men, fat Charles, hmmm)
    ~kristin

3. J says:

I can’t help it, but I’m LMAO! Bless your heart..because God knows these kids mortify us…time and time again. I promise someday you’ll laugh with her about this!

4. Awesome Kat. And yeah, LMAO!!!

5. Hilarious! Your daughter clearly has a talent here – and imagine when she’s a famous poet being like, look, the early years poems!

6. Steph says:

This is hysterical. By the way thanks, I now know that I’m not the only one who’s children brilliantly pick up on all of the things I do and use them for their own interpretation!lol

The things kids notice! LMAO

8. Emmy says:

That is pretty dang funny. Sounds like she knows you well ;)

What a brilliant creative mind she has! Surely this is pure fiction?? Bwahahahaha!

10. Mesina says:

LOL!! HAHA!! Oh I love it!! Well, even when we don’t want kids to pick up ”certain things” they do eh? I’m sorry but I’m still laughing :)

11. Val says:

What kids glean from us parents can sometimes be such a kill! Oops!

12. Matty says:

Yup, kids are very intuitive, observant, and smart. They don’t miss a trick. And I don’t blame ya for posting this. If we can’t laugh at ourselves, everyone else will.

13. debi9kids says:

OMGOSH! That is too funny!!!! Funny what kids pick up from us.

So glad we got to meet in Baltimore. So much fun!

14. Laura says:

Hilarious! What a sharp girl

Nothing wrong with a little wine :)

15. Harriet says:

Hi there.
    I’m just stopping by to see how your comment challenge is going.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

16. Hannah says:

What a unique blog you have…. enjoy reading it.

http://www.FunnyPhotosContest.com. Submit CUTE or FUNNY photos and tell friends to vote. $2,000 in prizes. No entry fee.