Amazing Grace | Today's Cliche - Marriage, Family, & Working Mommy... from BOTH Women's and Men's Perspectives

Monday, August 21, 2017

Amazing Grace

April 15, 2010 by Dave

Heaven became a much better place on April 14th.  Kat’s mother lost a long and brave battle with cancer, and found her way to the Gates of Heaven.  A little piece of me died yesterday as well, and I can only imagine the sorrow that she, her siblings, and her father are going through together in Florida.  I’ll be heading down tomorrow, and tomorrow can’t come soon enough.

As you may have noticed, Today’s Cliche has taken a hiatus leading up to yesterday, and will continue the break for at least the next week.  We look forward to continuing to share with you (most of) our daily activities, and please keep us in your prayers during this difficult time.

Kat’s Mom, with our children, August 2008

I’m flying down with the rugrats tomorrow to join the rest of the family.  4 kids and a dad on a flight together – there’s no way this travel story ends well.  I wonder how many dirty looks I’ll get…

Comments

31 Responses to “Amazing Grace”
  1. Anthony says:

Dave & Kat,
    Kat I am sorry to hear about your mother but also glad she made it into heaven. She will be there to watch over all of you and make sure good will is yours.

Thoughts and prayers with you and the family.

Tony

Tony – thank you so much. I love thinking she is watching over me.

2. Melissa says:

Dear Kat, I’m so sorry for your loss. What a blessing to know she is in heaven now, and free of pain and suffering. May you feel God’s comfort as well as you learn to navigate the world without your beloved mom.
    Melissa

That will be the biggest challenge; navigating the world without her. ;-(. Thank you for the support!

3. Jayme says:

I am so sorry for your loss! Your family is in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. At least now she is at peace and will be happily looking down on all of you!

That is such a great reminder. Thank you so much.

4. Katie says:

Dave&Kat,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Thoughts and prays are with you all!

Katie & Dominic

Katie – thank you so much. Pls. give Dominic a hug for us!

5. Ally says:

There are no words that really comfort, but only to say that you are all in my thoughts and prayers. My heart aches for all of you, as I just went through a similar experience 5-1/2 short months ago, and I don’t wish it on anyone. But we make it through, with the help of loved ones, friends and faith.

Ally, gosh, I had no idea… That must have been before we “met”. Your warm words mean so much.

6. Kat, Dave & “Rugrats”,

We are so sorry to hear about your loss. But as you say… it is heaven’s gain. Our hearts are with all of you at this difficult time. We pray that God’s peace fills your hearts and that you find comfort as you spend time together with family and friends as you celebrate your mom’s life here on earth.

Grace and peace,

Bill, Cherie & The Lemonade Int’l Team

Bill, Cherie & Lemonade Int’l – as you can imagine, I’m so grateful for your support and prayers during this time. Hugs, Kat

7. Ellen says:

May your family find comfort in your faith, photos, memories and loved ones around you. It’s never easy to say goodbye. Just yesterday I helped bury my only uncle after a short six week battle with lung cancer. Hold on to each other and don’t rush the healing. Time does heal as the cliche says. It’s just the scare that will always remain as our reminder. God’s peace be with you all in your time of loss!

Ugh, I’m so sorry your uncle went so quickly. I so appreciate your kindness, Ellen.

8. The World will not be the same without her, but Heaven will be rewarded with the most loving soul.

9. Emily says:

So sorry to hear the news. I hope that being surrounded by your family will bring you some peace. Thinking of you…

Thanks, Em.

10. Cheryl says:

I am so sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with Kat and her family. Please take care of yourselves – and each other.

Thank you, Cheryl.

Kat, I’m so sorry to hear this….I will be praying for you and your family.

12. Tanya says:

Kath…Our condolences to you and your family. We’re thinking of you! xoxoxo Tanya Fevola

I am so sorry for your loss. I so wish I could be there for Kat. Can’t imagine what she is going through.

Good luck in your travles. I KNOW that will be a tricky flight!

14. I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with your family. Take as much time as you need to heal. Thinking of you!

15. Melissa Albonesi says:

Oh Schneider…I am so sorry. I am praying for you and your beautiful family and sending hugs your way. Much Love, Hogan

16. I’m so terribly sorry for your loss – if there’s anything you need or anything I could do to help just let me know. I’ll keep you and your family in my thoughts.

17. I am so sorry for your loss. Sending you all my best.

18. My heart is breaking for you. God bless.

19. That’s such a precious picture here of your mother-in-law with your children. My deepest sympathy to your family on your loss.

Congrats on your SITS day!

20. Lucy says:

Aww so sorry about the news. We know someone that just lost their long battle with cancer too the other day, sigh. Hugs to your family and I hope your flight went well.

21. afslanken says:

I savour, lead to I discovered exactly what I used to be looking for. You’ve ended my four day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day. Bye