She Said: “It’s My Party & I Can Cry if I Want To…” ~ My SITs Day | Today's Cliche - Marriage, Family, & Working Mommy... from BOTH Women's and Men's Perspectives

Sunday, August 19, 2018

She Said: “It’s My Party & I Can Cry if I Want To…” ~ My SITs Day

May 4, 2010 by

… How cliche, ehh? However, it’s very ap.ro.pos for me, especially today.

It’s my party. Welcome SITStas!  Huh? Non-bloggers, don’t ask. Looooooooonnng story.

You must stop here to see what-the-heck-this-site-is-all-about and here to see what a nut-job I am trying to balance 4 little ones and a career… if you haven’t already.

Let me know if you can relate to any of these ~ some KEY posts:

1. My “Skewed” View of Romance
  2. Seriously? Dear WalMart
  3. She Said: There’s No Place Like Home
  4. She Said: Are You Kidding Me?

Oh, if you click here, you can hear my interview on Oprah Radio with Gayle which sums up where HE and SHE met… [oh, I just HATE the sound of my voice. Don’t we all..].

One more thing — I have a …That you just have to hook up with! Click the badge for details:

Today's Cliche, TodaysCliche.com, www.TodaysCliche,baby blog,Blog Carnival,he said she said,Meme,Meme,Truth or Dare, Truth or Dare Blog, Truth or Dare Weekends,relationships,www.TodaysCliche.com,Top Mommy Blogs,top mommy bloggers,top mommy blog,Weekend Meme,SuburbanStereotype.com

Ah… while I’m at it, these are some pretty good pieces of ammunition, if you need some bathroom material:

Hubs actually wrote a “HE SAID” to this SITs post — please check it out here:

Comments

235 Responses to “She Said: “It’s My Party & I Can Cry if I Want To…” ~ My SITs Day”
  1. LisaDay says:

Happy belated SITS day.

My condolences to you and your family.

LisaDay

THanks, LisaDay. Means so much!

2. Priscilla says:

Happy SITS day

3. Tiffany says:

Cool concept…off to read more! Happy SITS day!!

Thanks, Tiffany!

4. Kita says:

Congrats on your SITS day. I feel for the loss of your mom. My mother passed away several years ago now and though I have come to terms with it this time of year makes me want to smash the TV in with a baseball bat.
    Your site is great and I think its awesome you both participate in it.

Nothing like telling it like it is. It’s so true though… I’m just so jealous/envious of my friends who still have their “mommies”. Love your baseball bat visual. You’re not kidding, Kita!

5. Happy SITS day to you both! So fun and laugh out loud funny! 🙂

Laugh out loud funny? Really? I’m humbled, Kim! Thank you!

6. Jinnia says:

You’ve got one cool website! Great graphics and layout. Happy SITS day!

7. Alexandra says:

Happy SITS Day!

Although, I must confess, that I’m really bummed now.

This blog is so dang good, tht I hope no one ever comes to mine after being here.
    Seriously. This is out of this world.

Very nice. Creative.Looks Beautiful. Clever writing. Relevant topics.

You’re like the jeans from Macy’s vs jeans from Target(which would be me..)

8. Crystal says:

Hey Kat!!! I’m sorry I didn’t make it over here yesterday on your very special and very exciting SITS day!!!! Yeah, you deserve it!!!!

9. Oh my goodness!! This blog is just WAY too adorable… ahem, and masculine:) So glad I got to stop by and visit:) I am now a FOLLOWER of YOU GUYS!! xo

Ps- Stop by my blog if you ever get a chance… I think you would enjoy it:)

xo

10. Tabitha Blue says:

This really is a fun blog!!! Love the concept… and the fun writing style!! Congrats on your SITS day!!

🙂
    ~Tabitha

11. Megan says:

Happy belated SITS day! I’m still recovering from mine. Phew. I love your blog and have for awhile! Such a neat concept you have going on here. 🙂

12. Denice says:

I am late, but Happy SITS Day!!

13. Kat says:

Thanks, Kerry! Will hop over to yours as well!

14. Kat says:

Thanks, girl!

15. Kat says:

Gosh, thanks, Valerie. Means so much!

16. Kat says:

9 month old TRIPLETS??? Wowsers! Can’t wait to head over to your site!

I can totally see your concern about the jealousy thing. I think it’ll be LESS about that, but more about their concerns over “things being fair”. You will hear PLENTY of “that’s NOT FAIR”s over your lifetime. I don’t think they’ll have the ability to compete for attention or be jealous… with triplets there won’t be enough time for that; you all will be soo busy and I guarantee they’ll be SOOO different from one another — it will likely be that they’re each on their own level playing fields, if that makes sense. That’s just my guess, of course!

Yes, it DOES start with you & your hubs. I don’t know if I fully uncover “HOW” I encourage their relationships. However, I do know consistency is key (gosh, how cliche!).

Thanks again for stopping by!

17. Kat says:

Oh my GOSH! I’m BEYOND honored… AND Flattered! Thank you Cupcake Mommie!!

18. Kat says:

I end almost EVERYTHING with “Cheers”… had to laugh. Thanks for your warm compliment!

19. Kat says:

Thanks, Jayde!

20. Kat says:

Ericka – thank you! Wasn’t actually “in” the plan…but is there such thing as a plan these days? Love YOUR site, too!

21. Kat says:

Thank you, Kim!

22. Kat says:

Erin – So… what did he think/say?

23. Kat says:

No tips… just whine a lot… 😉

24. Kat says:

Gosh, THANK YOU! That was so sweet, Amy…!

25. Kat says:

Major, MAJOR trouble. You know GIRLS need to stick together! Next time make sure you comment on my post 1st 😉

26. Kat says:

Wow!!! That means sooo much! You have NO IDEA what i have to go through for those DAMN fonts… but, it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside (the final product), but I’m gonna guess my kids suffer due to my obsession! Thank you soo much, Lindsey I can’t believe you’ve spent so much time on my site. YOU know how much that means to a fellow blogger, right?

27. Kat says:

Thanks, Anne-Marie! I hope it never gets stale!

28. Kat says:

I thought it would be HARDER to convince him to “try” blogging. So glad he dove right in!

29. Kat says:

Kirsten – OF COURSE COURSE COURSE I remember you WELL!! So happy you swing by from time to time. I vow to do the same for you. These last few months, with my mom being sick, didn’t not allow me to do anything above and beyond simple “survival mode” Hugs to you!

30. Kat says:

Thanks, Ashley. Just trying “to” hang in there, as you said!

31. Kat says:

Thanks! That means a lot. I know, I’m a lucky one!