Purification Day 5: “It’s the Little Things (I Miss)”
Okay, first of all let me first say — the food has been awesome that I’ve been preparing (has nothing to do with toot-tooting my cooking skills, but everything to do with realizing that you can make ridiculously delicious meals for your family that SERIOUSLY could not be more healthy and everyone will love. I’m not talking “low fat” (which I refuse to do… you know what crud they put IN the food to make it fat-free? Ever read the label? C’mon people). I’m talking all food from the earth, the items our great grandparents used to eat (and not get cancer from). Simple, simple, basic, basic. And, D E L I C I O U S! Especially roasted in garlic, olive oil, salt & pepper. No fancy bells and whistles and you feel like a million bucks as it goes down the hatch.
Second of all, “whatever, Dave” (spoken in my best native Long Island Lolita voice) about your Days 3 & 4 post. First of all, I’m pleased to announce that Dave can no longer say “Kat passes out on the couch” with the undertone/assumption that it was the wine. I HAVEN’T DRANK A LICK. As per last Friday night, he can see that it’s not a cocktail that puts me to sleep, but THE STRESS OF RUNNING A BUSINESS, A BLOG, A HOUSEHOLD, ALL THE BILLS, THE LIVES AND ACTIVITIES OF FOUR CHILDREN and putting up with his mood swings from this Cleanse. Yes, I’m in deep s%it for that statement, above (last part of the sentence, specifically).
- Hubs makes his night time ritual sound so casual and simple. And, the fact that he says he pours himself a glass of wine AFTER the kids go to bed is a complete JOKE. Don’t let him fool you.
- I don’t pass out at 8:30 every night — in fact, once a year. I stay up until you CATCH THE FREAKING HINT to rub and tickle my feet and calves (usually picks up said hint at about 10:15 pm… once he’s had a few and is looking for some return loving)
- So… yes, I passed out at 8:30 pm. I listened to my body and didn’t fight it. Woke up a new woman.
- The reason I mentioned I’m in deep s&it for the comment about hub’s mood swings is because I, admittedly, have not been nice the past few days.
- However, HE ADAMANTLY DENIES that he has been a moody beast since Wednesday(!). I just loath love that he doesn’t acknowledge or realize it. It’s like he has his period. At least women (including moi) say, “Listen, I’m in a pissy mood, please don’t pick on me, and deal with it til it’s over, k?”. But men? Nope, they deny, deny, deny. Just like how they can’t admit they made a wrong turn or should have asked for directions.
- For me, admittedly, it’s been rough not being able to begin my day with coffee and the most unnatural, horrible-for-you, artificial creamer — creamer that takes up 45% of my mug. But, I can say that aloud instead of just having a pity party for myself, and internalizing it, and being a total GRUMP who jumps down my throat if I look at him the wrong way.
- I concur with him that what I DO also miss IS the ‘routine’ for me, as hubs mentioned in his Days 3 & 4 post. For example, while picking up the kids from all over freakin’ town, I typically pull over to Taco Bell for a Chicken Soft Taco Supreme with extra sour cream and hot sauce (for lunch), or McD’s for an Egg McMuffin with strips of bacon (not the canadian bacon crap). Or, chicken nuggets at McD’s, dipped in a mix of Buffalo Sauce and Buttermilk Ranch. Mmmmm…. Oh, let’s NOT forget my trip to Starbucks at about 2 pm for THE ONLY THING THAT CAN GET ME THROUGH A CARPOOL WITH SIX KIDS IN MY CAR — a 2 pump White Chocolate Mocha, no whipped.
They say I’ll start feeling better soon and the cravings will subside — I can’t wait!