He Said: Purification Day “21″: Mission Accomplished!
The stretch run was difficult, but we were able to get through the Purification Program without killing each other. I did NOT go into this with 100% excitement (as you may know, I did it more to support Kat than for my own well-being). However, it turned out better than I could have possibly imagined. Here is a summary of my past 21 days:
- Much better sleep than I can remember having
- More energy, allowing me to get to they gym more often
- More energy, allowing me to do more around the house (which minimizes the NAGGING, which is good for all
- 15 lbs lost, specifically due to the exercise above AND the healthy eating habits of the program Kat acknowledged the weight losss over the weekend, in her own special way – “I can tell you’ve lost weight. You look weird. Or sick. Or something.” What a catch I have here…
- Newfound appreciation of veggies. I hope that we can continue to eat this way. I wouldn’t call it a “diet” – I never once didn’t eat when I was hungry – but more of a lifestyle change
Here’s what not to do, if you’re planning to give the program a shot:
- Do NOT start the program over a summer holiday weekend. Our first 5 days on the program could not have been more difficult, due to all of the peer pressure
- Don’t think about the entire 3-week program. Focus on today
- Do NOT give in – it’s definitely worth the sacrifices!
Kat talked me into having a celebratory glass of wine last night (believe me, it wasn’t hard to convince me). HOWEVER, if/when she writes about her glass, please know that she had a celebratory BOTTLE of champagne. Way to ease back into things, babe!