She Said: Purification Day “21″: Mission Accomplished!
Okay, FIRST of all, of course hubs had to put me under the bus about my celebratory libation(s). Don’t let him fool you…
He had 3 glasses (this size — seriously) of wine.
When I awoke this morning, the nice guy that he is… he asked if I was hungover. I told him I wasn’t (which was the truth), but admittedly I didn’t sleep like the boulder rock that I did the past 3 weeks. I had a hell of a time falling back to sleep after our 2 year old woke me in the middle of the night. And, JUST FOR THE RECORD, it wasn’t quite an entire bottle of Persecco.
Of course I HAD to turn it around and ask how much he wound up having of his red wine last night. His response: “I had — um, I guess – almost a full bottle“. Mind you, it was THIS SIZE bottle:
Anyway, back to business. The Cleanse. The Purification Cleanse that literally has saved changed my life in more ways than one.
The Standard Process 21 Purification Cleanse was a completely doable – but rigorous, at the same time. I was ONLY able to successfully navigate via the help, support, encouragement and professionalism of Dr. Greenfield and Jennifer Campbell (Wellness Coordinator) of Carolina Chiropractic and Wellness. I would trust my life to Dr. Greenfield.
When I expressed an interest in wiping my insides clean and wanted to cry out “Uncle, I give up! I want a RESTART” for my insides, Dr. G immediately referred me to the Cleanse she chose for herself – as well as her patients. I knew this was my ticket.
And, you KNOW what I love soo much about working with Dr. Greenfield and Jennifer? When I told them I’d like to blog about my journey through the Purification with my audience… they authentically and genuinely agreed and supported me doing it with NO — and I mean NO – self-centered interest in gaining new clients or reeling-in prospective patients.
Dr. Greenfield and Jennifer Campbell truly, whole-heartedly, and unconditionally CARE about the health, welfare, and all around spiritual, physical, and emotional well-being of strangers, patients, and close friends alike. Simply stated their innate goal is to educate others about proper health — and making better choices for our body. I’ve never met professionals who truly have no self-interest in promoting themselves for the sake of profit, or growing their client base. This outstanding practice’s obsession is educating and passing on what they’ve learned. Simple. Full truth.
Having said all of that (and I’m certain they will frown upon the fact that I feel led to give them the most MAJOR shout out possible) — if you live in the Raleigh area, and you just “don’t feel right” 100% of the time (because there is NO reason not to), I strongly encourage you to give me a buzz, or drop me an email. I can share my experiences with Carolina Chiropractic and Wellness over the last 4 years I’ve been with them.
Even before I chose to do this Purification, Dr. Greenfield saved my life. Sounds dramatic, I know. But for anyone who has been in undiagnosed pain and overall “un”wellness for no apparent reason (even after having been to countless “other” doctors) — you know how miserable life can be. It can severely effect your marriage, your relationships, your ability to effectively raise your children, your ability to cope when something serious arises, and the simple mundane tasks of getting out of bed in the morning or even driving a car. I can 100% say with confidence that Dr. Greenfield will find out what’s wrong and change your life.
On the other hand — you need not be so miserable before checking them out. This Purification Cleanse can easily be done by those who just want to flush out all of the toxins all that manufactured and processed foods harbor — foods and beverages that we’ve been ingesting for decades. You’ll feel like a million bucks.
That, I promise you.
Quick PROs and CONs list:
- Unable to “just grab a snack” or “just grab a lunch” and go
- Time to prepare freshly prepared meals was challenging for this mom of four with a full-time work commitment
- With only 1 day to go, the thought of more veggies for lunch was kind of annoying. HOWEVER, I knew it was only for 1 more day. I really hadn’t been annoyed prior — I think my body knoew it was “time to move on”
- Was SUPER-ULTRA irritable on days 2 – 4. I hated my hubby. I didn’t want to be around my kids. The thought of socializing made me want to hurt somebody.
- I feel, physically, like I did at my peak (now, if only I could remember/realize “when” exactly that was in my life). I’m thinking my teenage years… before I was on my own in college and completely obliterated my insides with poor food choices and binge drinking at the bars/keg parties
- Sleep like I. HAVE. NEVER. EVER. SLEPT. IN. MY. LIFE.
- Actually remember things
- Realize that I can be in a good mood without a cocktail in my hand (!)
- Got a lot accomplished, personally, in my life (and house)
- Concluded that I actually CAN FUNCTION without coffee down the hatch EVERY morning. I used to say “Oh, I could N E V E R ever pour my kids cereal without first drinking a 1/2 cup of Joe
- Made some ridiculously delicious homemade, authentic, and natural meals for my family — have a slew of new recipes that would impress the most healthy of ‘em
- Seriously feel like I have a new lease on life
I wholeheartedly, without reservation, recommend this Purification to anyone and EVERYONE I know. I am not getting paid in anyway, shape, or form to speak these words of truth. I get nothing out of it, besides the genuine feeling of helping someone else feel as amazing as I do, today.
We’re easing our way back into ‘normal’ life today… and started out the day with a shake for breakfast (as we’ve been having for 21 days… you would think we’d be SOOOO over them by now) — we both actually craved them. Our intention is to begin everyday with this jolt of all-natural goodness.
After a 2 hour work out (haven’t worked out in a loooonnnnngggg time), had my FAVORITE Cracked Black Pepper and Olive Oil Triscuits with Chicken Breast cold-cuts (the best, safest, least artificial and least additive/preservative cold cut available) and 2 hard boiled eggs (HOW I missed them these last 3 weeks!).
Tonight? Halibut, roasted red, yellow, and orange peppers… and Fresh Garlic Clove and Herb bread (or home-made sweet potaote fries; haven’t decided yet on the starch)!
Again, please let me know if you have any questions! Click on the green “CONTACT” button on the right-hand side of the page, and I’ll get back to you asap!
PS – No, I won’t be drinking again until this weekend! It’s just not worth it, or that important to me anymore. Seriously.