Seriously?: “I Think I Broke My Leg” | Today's Cliche - Marriage, Family, & Working Mommy... from BOTH Women's and Men's Perspectives

Saturday, June 24, 2017

Seriously?: “I Think I Broke My Leg”

June 27, 2010 by Kat

Finally.  The video you all have been bugging me about — the one I have attempted (on MORE than one occasion!) to upload to Oprah Winfrey’s competition to have my “OWN” show. Here’s the Title of the proposed show:

I will write more about it tomorrow, but to say “I’ve had my struggles” getting it live to the Oprah site is A SEVERE UNDERSTATEMENT.

You have no idea.

Stay tuned for the nightmare stories tomorrow.

(Sneak peak into the nightmare story:  EVEN THOUGH I SUBMITTED a day and a half BEFORE the deadline, it’s becoming apparent that it may not have gone through, and my chance to Host my own show is NULL and VOID. I may NOT even be in the runnings.  I won’t know for a few days. All that work. Swear. N-I-G-H-T-M-A-R-E).

Comments

22 Responses to “Seriously?: “I Think I Broke My Leg””
  1. Melissa Albonesi says:

This is amazing!!! Gosh, you put so much work into it..I really hope it gets seen!!!!

OMG – you are soo sweet!

2. Karen Aviolla- Stone says:

Kat that was really great!! I am wishing you all the best and I hope everything goes your way. AMAZING!!!

Karen – gosh, thanks so much for hopping on my site and watching it! It’s been forEVER since we were in touch. Thanks again!

3. Texan Mama says:

wow, all the best wishes to you on this journey! The video looks great and you look so natural!

Thanks you soo much. I am laughing that you say I look so natural. We’re all our worst critics, right? I think this journey has halted, though.. b/c my video still isn’t up on O’s site. Oh well.

Love your video! How did your weekend go?

Thanks, sistah. Weekend had MANY peaks and valleys. Hope to get some time to blog about it this week and fill you all in. Crazy stuff.

5. Melissa says:

Kat, that was SO good! Love the costume/hair/scene changes! You were so well spoken (not one umm, or ahh) and really gave such a cohesive idea of what your show would be about! God, I am PRAYING (and you know me, I don’t do that) that your video posted in time and that you are in the running (not only bc you dedicated SO much time, but you need to have your own show). Loved it!!!!!!
    PS Was that my quote? If so, loved that too:)

You’re the best! 2 were your quotes, I think!! Love you! Didn’t even realize there were no “ummms” or “ahhs”… GOOD observation). You KNOW you’re my inspiration.

6. Melissa says:

PS. Just copied and pasted this from OWN website…maybe you have nothing to worry about…read the following:

Please note that videos submitted leading up to the video submission deadline of 11:59 PM PST June 26, 2010 will be reviewed by our moderators to ensure compliance with the Participation Terms prior to those videos being posted. As a result, your video may be posted after that submission deadline. If you have submitted your video and complied with the competition Participation Terms, please be patient and rest assured that your video will be posted and considered for the competition.

7. Gen X Mom says:

Wow! That is so awesome! You are amazing! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!

8. Love the title. Love the concept. Love the video. The camera loves you! I hope your submission went through!

Teresha — thanks for saying the Camera loves me… Too funny! Love that you love the title and concept. Hugs, Kat

I hope it went through because your video is amazing!

You did such a good job with it…I would totally watch your show, even if I didn’t already love you from your blog!

Tracie – thanks for the compliments… and for the encouragement that you’d WATCH my show! Maybe I’ll start Vlogging… whatever that is!!

10. Vote For Zach says:

censorship on a blog..what did I say??? here is the link again: http://myown.oprah.com/audition/index.html?request=video_details&response_id=5615&promo_id=1

11. sue leff says:

Kat,
    The video was assume. I loved it. Good luck and see you on Thursday night.

Sue

Thanks, Sue! See you with margarita(s!) in hand!

12. Lydia says:

Kat, I have looked at hundreds of the videos that where sent in. And I mean hundreds. Looking and waiting for your video to pop up. I am siting here now with tears coming down my cheeks. Yours was so much better than any other. I loved the comfort you had in front of the camera, the clothing changes, the scene changes, the explanation of your show, everything.
    They have to let it in. They have to view it.
    They have to give you your own show.
    Thank you Kat.
    Oh did I mention I loved your video.

Oh my gosh… You are BEYOND kind, amazing, and sweet to have done that (looked at all of them!). Wow, I am FLATTERED! I just can NOT NOT NOT believe it isn’t up, and/or may never be. I’m still holding out hope, but my hands are completely tied. Once it’s official that it’s not up, I’ll provide the candid details about what I believe led to it being ‘blocked’.

I would love for them to view it, even once… but as my Mom would say, “Stop worrying about those things you can’t control”. This is now out of my control, and I’m sure God has another plan for me. I’m thinking about submitting the video to Ellen or Rachel Ray… 1/2 serious!

Love you and THANKS AGAIN, Aunt Lydia!! I’ll give Dave a smooch for you!

13. Erin says:

Kat,

I’m catching up and just saw your video, which was fabulous! Sorry you had to go through such drama in the audition/submission process. You did such a great job – perhaps this is a stepping stone to something around the corner?

xoxo,