She Said: “Patience is a Virtue” (I never got that Memo…) | Today's Cliche - Marriage, Family, & Working Mommy... from BOTH Women's and Men's Perspectives

Sunday, August 20, 2017

She Said: “Patience is a Virtue” (I never got that Memo…)

July 14, 2010 by Kat

A few months ago I prided myself on innately knowing the prime opportunity to harvest the “perfect” zit. If you weren’t a reader back in January, click here to see what the hell I’m talking about.

Welp, I failed miserably today. Bragging rights have been removed from my back pocket. I just couldn’t wait. Like a little kid in a candy store.

However, I do have a Tip for you all for “Works for Me Wednesday”. You can also click here to a handful or prior Works-for-me-crap, from helping your little tikes take medicine/antibiotics, to staying organized with the shitload of papers your kids dump on you after school.

This mastermindedful Wednesday, I’m offering a tip that’s not only fun to:

(A) WATCH

(B) But also fun to LISTEN TO

… And even more stimulating is that my TIP actually IS HELPFUL. It will not only greatly fix the screw up you’ve tortured the rest of the world with (seriously… it’s the OTHER PEOPLE who have to look at your face, and the bloody, crusty mess you’ve floundered), but it will shorten the healing time.

If you’re anything like me, you never got the Memo that Patience is a Virtue. I don’t even know how to choke OUT the word: P – A – T – I – E – N – C – E, in ANY area of my life.

You think you’re pissed you prematurely tried to pop it before it was P R I M E   T I M E ? Consider those who have to talk to you face to face. Consider the struggles WE FACE, trying NOT TO LOOK at it staring at our face. We wonder, “Does she/he KNOW what that looks like? What a shame. She/he popped it way too soon” (shaking head back and forth like your parents do to you).

Okay, so my TIP. Not only is it fun to look at, but listen to.

Just dip a little Q-Tip

Into a bottle of this (Hydrogen Peroxide):

AND PLACE Q-TIP ON ZIT for several seconds
(decided NOT to put THAT image up here; aren’t-cha-lucky?)

And the reaction will look like similar to this — AHHHHHHHHHH:

**** Those who I’ll see at Dance drop off today — apologies in advance. I’m not looking pretty.

BUT — after I perform the above to the prematurely popped zit, just picture it PULLING the infection out. You know, all the puss you never were able to PUSH out with your finger nails (that had ketchup, breading from chix nuggets, and snot under them).

The above process will drastically reduce the healing time. So, you know, you can actually show your face at the grocery store tomorrow, instead of in 5 days.  The time frame that your entire family will be under house-arrest will be greatly shortened.

Comments

22 Responses to “She Said: “Patience is a Virtue” (I never got that Memo…)”
  1. Angel says:

I am a pimple picker, my mom is a pimple picker it is in my blood. I have scars on my face from where I have had those huge oil bumps that hurt like hades and you HAVE to squeeze them in the hopes they will pop and go away.. around time for my period is my prime time.. I may have to try this lol

2. Ya know, it’s just one of those things you know you really should leave alone but just can’t. You want it gone, you want victory of it…dare I say it’s primal even.

3. Kelley says:

Ha! I love your honest and fearless posting style! This cracks me up. So glad you stopped by my blog and were so complimentary! My head ain’t quite RAHT, so it’s nice to know people actually enjoy my insanity. I SO understand what you meant when you said there is an “influx of blogs” and that finding a really unique, entertaining one is hard to do sometimes. Your blog is definitely unique & entertaining, too! I look forward to reading more.

4. Salt says:

You are a freakin’ scientist. I could have so used this information last week when I had a little -er- ‘problem’ with my forehead. Afterwards it looked like I had been shot in the face with a pellet gun. I’m buying some peroxide at the store today.

5. Rebekah C says:

What I want to know is how I can be just a few months shy of 30 and still finding “zit-popping” tips helpful!!!!

Face? Are you listening to me, Face? WE ARE NOT A TEENAGER GDMNT!!!!!

6. Andrea says:

LOL I have been guilty of such impatience too!! great tip tho. Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog!

Since I’ve been getting spray tans my skin looks like a 14 year old boys’. I’ll be using this tip!

FUNNY STUFF!

8. Haley says:

OMG, that is so crazy that you posted this! I am SO GUITLY of the impatience when it comes to this. I am always saying to the husband “Does it look bad?” and he will be like “Just don’t mess with it.” and two minutes later I am back in the bathroom. I just can’t help myself! I just KNOW that I can get it GO AWAY…and then I end up having a scab on my face like TODAY. I globbed concealer on my cheek to try and cover it up. Yeah, like that really helps, LOL. I will def. try the Hydrogen Peroxide next time! Thanks for the tip!

STORY OF MY life, Haley! Hubs always says “Just don’t mess with it”. WHAT IS THEIR PROBLEM??? So happy to have you here!

9. Finally, someone is willing to speak up about such an important issue.

Though it’s still no Oprah wrap-up (your readers don’t have patience either!).

LOVE IT. You made my afternoon, girl.

10. Katina says:

Where have you been all my life? I love this blog! Girrrrrl, you are sooo crazy! I am your newest follower! Thanks for visiting Peaceful Divas!

I’m about to write a post about something YOU wrote that really struck a chord in me! I’ll let you know when it’s live. Thanks in advance, Katina!

11. Lela says:

NOOOOO! Not the hydrogen peroxide! Sure, you get instant sizzling, crackling satisfaction, but now you will have a bright red scab that you will pick at for weeks to come. Trust me, I know from experience. The best advice is from my mother (and impossible to practice): Leave it alone! BTW, my husband has dared me to wash my face with bar soap and water for a month, just like he does, and of course he has the clearest skin. Sorry, can’t do it.

You crack me up!

Lela

Really??? That hasn’t happened to me (yet). “Leave it alone” is what my mom has said her WHOLE life… but I can’t tell you how many people I STARE at, thinking, “DO THEY NOT SEE WHAT I SEE”??? At least it’s good to know they “Tried”.

Seriously.. BAR SOAP on my face!?!?!? CAN you imagine??? N E V E R. I pay like $100 for my bottle of whatever-it-is… and would rather use just water for a week if I ran out, vs. bar soap on my face!

Lastly… I’m soo pumped that you commented here!

12. gigi says:

OMG this is a riot. Yes, no pimple should be squoze before its time.

Thanks for coming by my guest post at ScaryMommy yesterday. I appreciate the read. I remember being here at your blog early in my bloggy days. Glad to come back and now I know how to add you to my reader :)

13. Sabrina says:

I never got that thing with patience, either. I’m just not a patient person at all. Things have to work out the way I want or not – but I don’t want to waste precious time waiting for something to happen.

14. SuzRocks says:

It is the hardest thing EVER to sit there and wait to pop a zit. But when you time it right, and then it pops all over the mirror and you feel that little twinge of excitement along with an immense feeling of accomplishment- you can’t beat it!

15. Kelley says:

I just gave you an award on my silly blog, if you want it! :)

16. EEEOOOOWWWW! I’ve rarely had zits, but when my teenagers start into them, I tried the dermatologist who prescribed expensive stuff. I finally just went and bought them some old-fashioned noczema – and waaalaaa! Zits be gone; however, if I notice any zit pickin’ going’ on – I’ll use your suggestion! Boys + zits = mess

17. Nancy C says:

Oh My God, this is amazing. You don’t understand how much I am interested in this topic, which says a lot about me.

Seriously, thank you. I almost wish I had a zit so I could try this out.