She Said: “Top 10… Realizations (I Had this Week)”
1. I still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up. It’s torturing me.
2. The next time I step into my closet and say, “I have nothing to wear”, I have to remind myself of all of those people in 3rd world countries I spent time with in 1996, as well as our Sponsor Child in Guatemala, who R E A L L Y H A V E N O T H I N G T O W E A R (thanks to AJ for his sermon on Sunday for that much needed revelation).
3. It’s amazing how much pain I’m harboring from my mom’s death, on the Eve of her 6 month Anniversary of being in Heaven.
4. We ARE SO “THAT FAMILY”. It’s humiliating. You know, the one who everyone rolls eyes at b/c anywhere they go, they come IN WITH A BANG. They’re late. Most are 1/2 dressed. Some have shoes on, some don’t. And likely their faces are crusty with breakfast still on them (and it’s noon). And, they ALL whine. Even the mom.
5. There is nothing more precious than laying with your children at night, with them snuggling and whispering in your ear how much they love you.
6. Your husband is GONNA KNOW when you blow the monthly budget by approximately $1300. Seriously? WHAT the HELL WAS I THINKING?
7. My siblings mean more to me than they’ll ever know. I wish we all lived in the same town — just as I envisioned we would, when I was growing up. I miss them terribly. We are all so terribly different; it’s kinda cool. I love them to death, even though I now have a family of my own.
8. Don’t park in a spot that says “Reserved Parking”, even though its just your kids’ school, and you’re just running in for a sec. You will receive the business card under your windshield wiper of no one other than the PRINCIPAL letting YOU KNOW that SHE KNOWS you are in. her. spot. Ouch. And, since I’m so freakin’ cheezy, OF COURSE I have multiple very gay stickers all over the back of my car (we’re also “so that car“). Hmmm… maybe she didn’t notice them or know it was “THAT FAMILY’s car”.
9. I WILL LET THE DOOR HIT ME ON THE WAY OUT tomorrow morning. Why? Going on a (what Dave would call my 19th) GIRLS’ WEEKENDS in Chicago! Giddy Up.
10. Who is so lucky to still have amazing friends from their past AND their present? And, like… we’re talking lots of them. This girl.
Wow, that sounded quite conceited. Not my intention. Don’t know why, but we all still kinda like each other and have stayed connected. And, we give a lot to more to each other than we take = a huge underlying success tip, I believe. This Girls’ Trip includes about a dozen MILFs from my neighborhood (ridiculously amazing moms & bffs), and meeting up with one of my very best, most honest, freaking hysterical, selfless friends ever from College. Everyone give it up for Scanlan!
Next week, I’ll elaborate on some of these. Lucky you’s.