Giveaway: Celebrity-Chef Style “Sam-I-Am” (and $25)
Has anyone ever been forced to actually try Green Eggs and Ham — either as a dare, or while being pinned down by your bully big brother? Or, just because you were curious? Possibly buy cheap kamagra uk
text-decoration: line-through;”> your mom dyed the leprechauns made everything edible/drinkable green every St. Patrick’s Day, just as it happens in our home?
We’re working with Random House Children’s Books to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Green Eggs & Ham book. This classic story is being revived with recipes that give green eggs and ham a 21st century twist. Genius. Celebrity chefs Michael Symon and Melissa d’Arabian, Mitzi Dulan, RD, CSSD and blogger Jaden Hair have created inspired recipes that not only teach kids about nutrition and healthy eating, but teaches them a life skill that can help boost their self esteem. With New Years Resolutions around the corner, and the kids home from school, we thought this was the most appropriate of Giveaways. I know I’ll be experimenting with them this week!
How cute is this? It illustrates the recipes you’ll find here, by the celebrity chefs.
Here are some ideas, before I get to the goods and let you in on what one of you crazies in my audience will receive:
|• Ham Sandwich with Greens and Eggs, courtesy of Michael Symon: Wake up to a warm breakfast sandwich that combines crisped Black Forest Ham with a fried egg, melted cheese, pesto and greens.
• Ham and Green Egg Mini Tartlets, courtesy of Melissa d’Arabian: These surprisingly easy-to-make ham and egg spinach tartlets, with bread instead of pie crust, can be made ahead of time for an on-the-go meal.
• Ham and Avocado Deviled Eggs, courtesy of Mitzi Dulan, RD, CSSD: Deviled eggs made green with avocado and accented with ham are ideal for after-school snacks or to serve at a party.
• Ham and Green Egg Sushi, courtesy of Jaden Hair: This recipe turns the traditional ham and spinach omelet into a sushi roll – a great way to teach kids about different cooking techniques and cuisines.
With this “Ham-I-Am Giveaway”, we are offering one of you a chance to win a Green Eggs and Ham gift set, which includes:
- Green Eggs and Ham 50th Anniversary Edition
- One set of adult sized Green Eggs and Ham apron/chef hat
- One set of kid sized Green Eggs and Ham apron/chef
- One gift certificate valued at $25 for your favorite pork product
- One extendable fork
Simply COMMENT below, letting me know why you’d like to win this, and I will choose a random winner on Friday, December 31st, 2010.
Please note that the National Pork Board is not sponsoring the giveaway promotion, but rather supplying the prize pool for me and the winner.
Free Sweepstakes and Contest